Akron Children’s Hospital will create a distinctive healing environment in which medical staff and employees are empowered to transform the patient and family experience. Continuing to deliver on the promises that were written in 1890, our campus expansion will enhance the high quality, compassionate and family-centered care that we have delivered to the communities we serve for over 120 years.
Our Guiding Principles
- Design facilities “through the eyes of a child” to create a uniquely satisfying patient and family experience
- Assure improved ease of access for all families and children to both the Akron Children’s “system of care” and the physical facilities of the Akron campus
- Driven by the success of our regional growth and outreach strategies, provide an opportunity to expand the breadth, depth and volume of services delivered at the Akron campus
- Enhance Akron Children’s Hospital’s ability to recruit and retain the highest quality physicians and staff by creating state-of-the-art work environments in which our culture can be preserved.
- Develop a project that achieves an appropriate return on investment to ensure the long-term financial viability and autonomy of Akron Children’s Hospital.
- As a valued community asset, create a positive economic impact for the local community by providing related jobs during the life of the project and giving local contractors and vendors opportunities for involvement.
- Operational excellence, efficiency and sustainability will be the foundations upon which we design our new facilities.
- Provide ample and appropriate communication to, and the opportunity for input from, key constituent groups and the community during the life of the project.