The surgical team at Akron Children’s Hospital performs more pediatric surgeries than any other hospital in northeast Ohio, and nearly 80% are done on an outpatient basis.
Our outpatient procedures have doubled during the last 20 years, which has created a tremendous need to update and expand our outpatient surgery department.
The new center will give our physicians, staff, and patients access to the latest technology for the most advanced surgical procedures.
Families will enjoy comfortable waiting areas equipped with amenities to support our families’ physical and emotional needs while they wait for their loved ones. They will also enjoy a revamped process so that everything from registration to going home is simplified and designed with the comfort of families and patients in mind.
Like our other expanded areas of the hospital, the new 32,000-square-foot outpatient surgery center has been designed with input from our frontline staff and patient families who understand the emotional and logistical needs of young surgery patients and their families.
- $1 million offers the naming opportunity for the entire outpatient surgery center
- $500,000 names the area containing the 6 outpatient surgical suites
- $100,000 names 1 of 6 surgery rooms
- $100,000 names the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) waiting area
- $50,000 names the pre-op waiting area